Monday, July 27, 2009

Life vs Theology

Third-hand revelation is as good as any. Baxter Kruger quotes Ken Blue as saying, “Thank God, most people live better than their theology.”

Boy, am I grateful for the reality of this statement.

I grew up in a group whose theology evidenced little grace, but my experience with the individuals involved was replete with grace and mercy. I have been with brothers who doctrinally frowned on demonstrative public praise in their congregations, but I have heard those same men unashamedly praise God for a sudden thundershower on dry crops, or for a cool breeze on a scorching workday.

I have heard prophetic words from those who doctrinally disdain modern prophecy, have seen active apostles working in denominations that do no recognize the office, and have heard many testimonies of divine miracles from folks whose theology denies such things. So, I must not be quick to put too much weight on "what your church believes" and be more aware of what God is doing in you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for saying this. I love the freedom of let the Kingdom flow as the Kin desires without regard for the outlet or its connections based on the prejudice ofthe day.

Anonymous said...

sory bro my spelling is abysmal at times and other days quite good. "i love... letting... King".
THanks again